Our Mission & Philosophy
At Sunshine Kids Academy, we believe that children learn best when engaged in fun and challenging activities that help them discover new skills. We are committed to providing an environment that will foster a love for learning. Through planned activities, dance, crafts, and many other engaging activities, students will develop the necessary skills to have a successful life in school and beyond.
Our goal is to teach responsibility, not obedience. Students are equipped with skills that enable them to make smart decisions, differentiate between right and wrong, and understand how their behavior affects others. Our educational philosophy is based on the principle that all children are naturally curious and motivated to discover new things. By adopting a variety of educational methods, students can learn comfortably at their own pace.
SKA is committed to:
◉ Encouraging our students to think freely and to express themselves openly.
◉ Maintaining a low student to teacher ratio in order to optimize learning and cultivate relationships with each child.
◉ Guiding young learners to respect the emotions and inclusion of their peers and to develop strong self-awareness
◉ Providing a curriculum that embraces diversity and recognition of gender, age, race, religion, ability and disability.
Why families choose SKA:
1. Fun, loving, and safe environment.
2. Creative tools and resources to provide the best environment for learning.
3. Comprehensive but flexible curriculum at each class level.
4. Intercultural activities to understand and respect different cultures.
5. Well-balanced, healthy lunch program.
6. Communication through monthly newsletters and instant messaging.
7. High level of professionalism and care.
8. Staff development opportunities for the teachers.
9. Staff members experienced with first aid training and CPR certified