Bright Start Sponsorship
Sunshine Kids Academy prides itself on making quality early childhood education more accessible to the community. This program aims to lower the cost barriers for entry to preschool for families with children aged 6 and below. By investing into their early education, we provide the building blocks for a brighter, healthier future.
The sponsorship program is offered on a first come, first serve need basis. It is available for our regular preschool and kindergarten program* at all campuses and covers between 25% to 75% of the cost of tuition fees per term. The exact amount varies depending on parents combined salaries and is assessed confidentially.
※ Regular programs from 9:00 am - 14:30 PM. Excludes Afterschool-only students.
◉ Must be resident visa holder or Japanese citizen.
◉ Child must be between the ages of 6 months and 6 years by the time they first attend the school.
◉ Sponsorship is limited to three siblings enrolled.
◉ Must be committed to attending SKA for at least 1 full school year (minimum 3 terms).
◉ Total household income must be under ¥10,000,000 annually for a single child family or under ¥12,000,000 annually for a family with more than two children. (Number of siblings enrolled will be considered against the income limit respectively.)
◉ Family does not receive education support from their employer.
How To Apply
1. Please complete the following pages of this application in writing and attach the forms together with documentary proof requested to be attached thereto (Additional application forms can be requested by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org)
2. Submit completed form by mail, or in person to the school office.
3. Applications are accepted year round. There is no deadline, however we may not apply the sponsorship retroactively.
4. Application received will be assessed on a case-by-case basis. Families may be contacted for further assessment of the eligibility criteria. Families will be notified through email on the outcome of the application.
5. Applicants will be notified as to the success or otherwise within 2 weeks of submission.
6. Once successful, it will be applied towards the rest of the school year.
7. Families must reapply annually at the end of the school year for the following school year.
8. Once the sponsorship is awarded, the child’s custodian will sign a Memorandum of Agreement.